Environmental Policy Statement
The Board of Directors of SAUR companies regard the attainment of high standards of Environmental performance as a benefit to the company and its employees.
Saur Services Glasgow [SSG] is therefore committed to conducting its activities in an environmentally responsible manner and recognises the need to continually improve its operations to conserve and improve the environment and minimise the potential environmental impacts arising from its activities through it’s commitment to the prevention of pollution.
To achieve our aims, SSG is committed, where applicable:
- to promote sound environmental management policies and practices throughout SSG;
- to providing adequate resources and time to achieving the SSG Environmental Policy
- to ensure that activities are carried out in compliance with the requirements of relevant environmental legislation and regulations as well as the requirements of ISO 14001 2015;
- to promote environmentally responsible procurement of goods and services;
- to promote environmental awareness amongst our suppliers, contractors and partners;
- to make efficient and environmentally responsible use of energy and water;
- to apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, noise, light and water pollution from our activities and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community or any interested party;
- to minimise waste generated from our business according to the principles of reduction, reuse or recycling waste where appropriate and to regulate the treatment and disposal of residual waste;
- to reduce and, where practicable, use materials and processes that reduce the risk of pollution;
- to minimise the impact of transport on the environment arising from SSG’s vehicles;
- to minimise any adverse environmental impact of any new development within SSG;
- to communicate within SSG and to the outside community our environmental performance;
- to raise awareness of employees of the SSG’s environmental impact, activities and performance and to promote individual good practice;
- To document procedures and continually progress in environmental performance through regular measurement, review and audit.
Whilst SSG accepts the main responsibility for implementation of this policy; employees have a very important role in co-operating with those responsible for safeguarding the environment and are expected to assist and co-operate in the implementation of this policy.
The main responsibility for implementation of this policy lies with the Site Director.
View our Environmental Policy Statement