Health and Safety Policy
The board of Directors of SAUR companies regard the attainment of high standards of Health and Safety as a benefit to the company and its employees.
It is, therefore, Saur Services Glasgow's [SSG] policy to safeguard the Health, Safety and Welfare of its employees and all persons likely to be affected by its undertaking. SSG accepts the aims and provisions of the Health and Safety at Work etc Act and the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations. SSG also aims to comply with all other relevant statutory obligations. The successful Management of Health ans Safety contributes to the overall performance and objectives of SSG.
SSG is, therefore, committed to:-
- Developing a positive health and safety culture in all undertakings which secures the commitment and participation of all employees.
- Assessing the risks to the health and safety of its employees and to anyone else who may be affected by its undertakings with the aim of eliminating or controlling the hazards/risks, so far as is reasonably practicable.
- Making arrangements for the effective planning, organisation, control, monitoring and review of the preventive and protective measures identified as being necessary by the risk assessments.
- Providing information, instruction, training and supervision to employees and others as is necessary to implement and maintain high standards of health and safety.
- Establishing arrangements for ensuring safety and absence of risks to health in connection with the use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances, so far as is reasonably practicable.
- The provision and maintenance of a working environment for employees that is safe, without risks to health, and adequate as regards facilities and arrangements for their welfare at work, so far as is reasonably practicable.
- Developing procedures of Joint Consultation with Employees and/or their Representatives.
SSG aims to promote positive policies regarding health and safety concerns at work. SSG recognises the commitment required by employees to ensure that the Health and Safety Policy is effective and expects employees to take reasonable care of themselves, and others, and to co-operate in the implementation of this policy.
The Health and Safety Policy and associated documents will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and updated as necessary to ensure that it is effective in its aims.
View our Health & Safety Policy Statement